- Is cross-contamination a concern in your lab?
- Have you ever lost valuable sample in your laboratory homogenizer probe?
- Are you tired of wasting time cleaning stainless steel homogenizer probes?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions you should check out the Omni Tip™ Clear Plastic Homogenizer Probes. These probes are engineered from durable plastics and can process a wide variety of sample types.
The soft tissue Omni Tips are ideal for liquid homogenization, emulsifications and tissues such as liver and brain.
The hard tissue Omni Tips are ideal for kidney, heart, muscle, tumor, frozen and other similar tissue types.
Omni Tips are just as effective at homogenizing samples as their stainless steel counterparts, but they remove all of the hassle associated with stainless steel probes. Omni Tips are disposable, eliminating any risk of cross-contamination between samples during processing. However, Omni Tips can be reused if necessary. Their simple two-piece design makes them extremely easy to disassemble and clean. Furthermore, the clear outer tube of the Omni Tips prevents sample-loss because any sample that makes its way up into the tube is always visible.
Omni Tip plastic probes can be used to process sample volumes of 0.25mL to 30mL and are available in quantities of 25, 50, 100, 500 or 1,000. They work exclusively with the following Omni laboratory homogenizers:
- Omni TH (Tissue Homogenizer) – a handheld 125 watt motor with variable speed control from 5,000 – 35,000 rpm. This laboratory homogenizer is available with 12 Omni Tips in the Omni Tip Homogenizing Kits.
- Omni THQ (Digital Tissue Homogenizer) – an ultra-quiet handheld tissue homogenizer with a digital speed readout and extremely accurate repeatability. This homogenizer is sold with 12 Omni Tips and a convenient storage case.
- Omni Prep Multi-Sample Homogenizer – this programmable unit homogenizes six-samples at a time. It is ideal for laboratories with high sample throughput.